Wednesday 11 January 2012

Interview with a beauty blogger!! xx


Hello my lovelies! I decided to start interviewing a beauty blogger each week. I think It's great to find out a bit more about each other. This week I would like to introduce you all to the beautiful Lauren from betwixtlaur ♥


Questions

1. When and why did you first start blogging?
I first started blogging in the back end of 2010 but i only did it for about one month and stopped because I had a lot of uni work on so deleted that. I've been doing betwixtlaur since December 2011 and I did it because I feel I have more time on my hands now :)

2. What do you like most about blogging?
I most like to look at the different way people wear the same items of clothing. I like to see different styles of blogs.

3. Is there anything you dislike about blogging?
Nothing really!

4. What do you think of my blog?
I love how versatile your blog is :) I loved the nail wrap how to that you did.

5. Who/what inspires your blog?
I really like Kate Johnson's blog, gh0stparties as well as milkteef. I have recently found a few blogs that I find very interesting. Jen's is lovely- inordinatelyplush, as is Shay's- shayyinwonderland

6. What do you use to take pictures for your blog?
My camera is a Canon, I absolutely love it! My boyfriend got me it for Christmas last year and it takes such clear photographs.

7. Do you or would you work with pr companies?I don't work with them but would like to!
8. Do you or intend to hold giveaways on your blog?
I haven't done any yet but I fully intend to once ive hit 250 followers! I've got a few things in mind to giveaway.


Favourites

Beauty product: 'They're Real' Benefit mascara. Absolutely perfect mascara, so light and makes my eyelashes curl perfectly.

Hair product: I love anything by Lee Stafford. I have very thick hair which takes a lot to maintain so Lee Stafford products are perfect for my hair.
Blog: I love gh0stparties. She has brilliant style, perfect make up and i find her life very interesting! I also love postsecret.

Website: I loooove failblog. I find it so, so funny! Then again, BBC iPlayer is my personal life saver when I'm at uni!

Magazine: more! Definitely, definitely, definitely more! Men overheard is so funny and I love the man facts. Everytime I buy it, my boyfriend has a sneaky giggle!


This or that

OPI or Essie: OPI

MAC or YSL: MAC. I wish I could afford everything!

Barbie or Sindy: I never really liked Barbie, my parents always say I chose books over dolls.

Facebook or Twitter: I used to be Facebook obsessed but lately I love Twitter. I wish it was socially acceptable to stalk celebrities in real life like it is on Twitter!

Staying in or Going out: I love a good night out. I come from Middlesbrough but live in Liverpool for uni and both nights out are brilliant. If you're ever in Liverpool, go to Tequila Bar and Pop World!

Rock or Rap: Rock! Green Day are so good live!


Finish this sentence

You should visit my blog because ... my blog includes a bit of everything. I mostly blog about fashion but I often talk about other things such as whats going on in my life, uni or more personal issues. You should also visit and leave your link because I absolutely love finding new blogs, a lot of which are absolute gems and I love following new people.


Links

Facebook: I won't give this away cause I use it for my family :)
Twitter: @laurdows
Tumblr:
laurensian

Anything else you would like to add

There's a bloggers meet in Sheffield in April if anyone fancies it? Its a beauty bloggers afternoon tea, the hashtag on twitter is #bbafternoontea and all of the details are on Lizzies blog,
click here.
Thanks for letting me interview you hun, great answers! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love reading about other bloggers, i think its nice to get to know the person behind the writing :-)

    Holli x
    Dragonmommy123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laurdows - Very welcome hun :) xxx

    @Dragon Mommy - Yeah me too <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! awsome blog and great interview idea!
    Here are some fun perfume facts!
    Let me know what you think in a comment. If you follow i'll deffinetly follow back!
    xoxo
    nataliece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, but if you really liked my blog you would just follow without asking me to follow you first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like reading interviews like this :) Great post

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day :)